The life of Polly

Hi - and welcome to my world - here you'll find all my posts which are about me and what makes me tick. If you follow the links in the side bar you'll discover Polly Laminate - my collage work; Polly Chrome - my photos and other images; Polly Fibrous - everything textile and finally Polly Valent - where you'll find the sketch design challenges and other things I'm passionate about sharing - so put the kettle on and have a look around.

Salut! et bienvenue dans ma monde - ici vous trouverez tous qui parle de moi et ma façon de voir le monde. Si vous suivez les liens sur le côté vous découvrez Polly Laminate - mes collages; Polly Chrome - les photos; Polly Fibrous - tous qui est textile et Polly Valent - ou se trouve les défis de Polly ainsi que les autres sujet qu'il faut partager - donc faîtes couler le café et me rendez visite.

lundi 16 novembre 2015

Challenge Polly - week 2 - autumn leaves

Hello - when the news broke on Friday evening of the dreadful events in Paris, I was in two minds whether to go ahead with this weekend's theme.  However, I decided that things should carry on as normal.  In fact when I wanted a way to express some of the dispair I felt at this attack on France and her citizens, the falling leaves gave me a metaphor for the way the three values of the French motto - Liberty; Equality; Fraternity - seemed to wither and die. But with the promise of new growth after.

 


Bonjour.  Suite aux attentats de vendredi soir à Paris, je ne savais pas s'il fallait continuait avec ce thème.  Eventuellement j'ai décidé que oui - il ne faut que la vie s'arrêt.  Et puis, l'image des feuilles mortes tombant m'a permis de représenter la disparition de valeurs républicains - en espérant que les feuilles repoussent.

The theme has also given me the motivation to work up an idea which I've had pinned in front of my desk since last autumn.  At this time of year our two cherry trees seem to lose 95% of their leaves in a couple of days, but the last brave souls hang on as long as they can.  The sun came out briefly on Saturday afternoon and lit the one leaf left right at the top of the tree.  It was beautiful. 


Le thème m'a aussi motivé pour dessiner une idée que j'ai eu l'automne dernière.   Chaque année, nos cerisiers perdent 95% de leurs feuilles dans un ou deux jours, mais il y a toujours quelques-unes qui tiennent jusqu'au bu  Samedi après midi, le soleil s'est sorti aussi longtemps pour illuminer la seule feuille tout en haut de l'arbre. C'était beau.  

"Last leaf hanging"


"la dernière feuille"

I also worked up four different larger ink leaves which will form the basis for a fabric - an orginal of which will go to Stéphanie of L'odyssée Créative who came up with the idea.  Thank you :)








J'ai aussi fait quelques feuilles plus grandes en encre, qui formeront la base d'un nouveau tissu.  L'original est destiné à Stéphanie de l'Odyssée Créative qui m'a donné l'idée - merci :)


 

 
 

 
 




When we are surrounded by a world full of such hatred, sometimes I wonder what the point is of making my little drawings and designs, but this weekend it has at least helped me -creating something is so very rewarding, especially when it reminds us of the beauty of nature. 

Quand nous nous sommes entourés par un monde plein de la haine, des fois je me demande à quoi ça sert de faire mes dessins, mais ce weekend il faut dire que ça m'a beaucoup aidé - l'acte de créer quelque chose est tellement gratifiante, surtout quand ça nous rappel de la beauté de la nature.   


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire