The life of Polly

Hi - and welcome to my world - here you'll find all my posts which are about me and what makes me tick. If you follow the links in the side bar you'll discover Polly Laminate - my collage work; Polly Chrome - my photos and other images; Polly Fibrous - everything textile and finally Polly Valent - where you'll find the sketch design challenges and other things I'm passionate about sharing - so put the kettle on and have a look around.

Salut! et bienvenue dans ma monde - ici vous trouverez tous qui parle de moi et ma façon de voir le monde. Si vous suivez les liens sur le côté vous découvrez Polly Laminate - mes collages; Polly Chrome - les photos; Polly Fibrous - tous qui est textile et Polly Valent - ou se trouve les défis de Polly ainsi que les autres sujet qu'il faut partager - donc faîtes couler le café et me rendez visite.

lundi 27 juillet 2015

Polly's summer sketch challenge - theme 2

Ok, so I hope you've all been busy sketching since last week :) I'm just going to post once this week so you'll see my sketch straight away.  Firstly we're on holiday so this has already been scheduled, and secondly because I want to tie it in with a super exciting guest post later this week which features my work over at Made by Mrs M.  Anyone who follows my ramblings will know I love Kate's work and so it's a real thrill to be part of the team she has on board to help out on her blog over the summer.
Made by Mrs M features a whole range of cool accessories using original fabric designs. The colours are striking and often have an architectural theme - so no prizes for guessing why I like them, or what this week's theme is! Here is a sneaky peak of my project - check out Kate's blog on Wednesday for the full post.





Bonjour! J'espère que vous avez bien dessiné ces derniers jours. Cette semaine j'ai choisi le thème d'architecture pour lier avec un article à moi qui sera publier sur le blog de Made by Mrs M, une designer anglaise dont ses tissus avec des motifs colorés me plaisent beaucoup.  




So, sketching buildings, where to start?

Probably if you're a little unsure of your sketching, it will be easier to chose part of a building - even something small like an interesting door handle or part of a façade.




Alors où commencer ? Si vous n'êtes pas trop à l'aise, je vous conseil de choisir une partie de la façade ou une poignée de porte, surtout dans un temps limité. Ou de vous contenter avec la forme de base. 

As with last week I've brainstormed some suggestions and will include a few source photos. Please remember if you're looking for images on the internet that there may be copyright issues - so try and credit the owner where possible.









Vous trouverez ci-dessus mes idées (en anglais) puis quelques photos à moi qui vous pouvez utiliser comme point de départ.  Je vous signale que si vous trouvez les images ailleurs sur le web, il faut respecter le droit de l'auteur autant que possible.


So which building did I chose?  Well to tie in with my tutorial post (did I happen to mention that already??) I sketched the building used in my design.  Not perhaps the most aesthetically pleasing building - it depends where you sit on the brutalist architecture debate, but certainly one which is an icon in its home city of Sheffield.  Park Hill flats - love 'em or hate 'em, they are interesting to draw.  I know they're had a spangly make-over since my Sheffield days, but I prefer the character of the grimy original.



Alors, qu'est-ce que j'ai choisi comme bâtiment? C'est une immeuble qui s'appelle Park Hill et qui se trouve dans la ville de Sheffield en angleterre. C'est un bon exemplaire d'architecture brutalist, qui n'est pas la goût de tout le monde, mais c'était intéressant à dessiner. 

As with the books I started by roughing out the shape then adding details. The perspective is complicated, so I cheated a little, and I didn't have time in my 15minutes to finish, but I think it still gives an idea of the subject.
Comme la semaine dernière, j'ai commencé par dessiner en gros le sujet, puis j'ai ajouté les détails des façades. 15 minutes n'était pas suffisant, mais je pense que ça donne l'impression quand même. 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire